Tuesday, December 3, 2013

On the way...

Thank you for praying up front for Dennis and I to be able to fly together and for safe travel to Thailand. Praise the Lord, we made it! A few individuals asked me to send snippets of our trip, so am going to try to do just that. Even though  Mandy is the blogger-extraordinaire, you will not expect the same from me. Most likely,  she will wrap the visit in her own magic at some point, but this will be our travel log.

 As ecstatic as we are to be here, there is no other way to describe that 23-hour-plus flying stint than grim. No matter how many little hot towels or chicken-delight dishes or peanuts & pretzels they give you, it's still a tad miserable. Maybe a childbirth analogy fits here because we had grandchildren waiting at the other end. Definitely worth what you have to go through and the benefits far outweigh the hassle. 

In fact, the carrot in front of my nose the whole night long was an adorable little Korean child who wiggled and squirmed and incessantly bounced her "happy birthday" balloon right next to me.  Her cute, exhausted little mama was sound asleep on the edge of her seat with her head on the tray table while little missy sprawled across both their cushions, happy to be newly-two. She resembled the epitome of the Bernstein Bears  Too Much Birthday book.  With every kick of those petite feet, I just kept thinking about our little Gigi who would be full of hugs and giggles, hardly minding that the birthday-child's cupful of water got spilled on my leggings and her dinner roll kept ending up in my purse. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys! I didn't realize you were going for a visit! Yes, "grim" is the only way to describe the pacific ocean flight... when flying from ATL especially. You can now say you are a survivor! I highly recommend circulation socks, buckets of water, an isle seat, ear plugs and eye mask! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete