Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Touchdown in Thailand




Thailand 2016 got off to a bit of a rocky start. When I arrived the family was cycling through various stages of the heebee-geebies that included headache, congestion and high fever. We administered meds and swirled smoothies for the sickies, while I obnoxiously mixed my ACV regimen chanting:

I will not get sick
I will not get sick
I will not get sick 

What could be worse than a mother come to mother-the-mother and catching the plague herself!?!? I am most thankful for all the prayer along with the Thieves Oil atomizer (personally concocted for me by my friend Jan) which I slathered on my hands constantly. Whew! Escaped that epidemic.
Learn more here:

http://younglivingforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=925




Wonderful immunities for the wee one. Little babykins is much loved and passed around by all. No, his little feet never touch the ground and he rarely gets a minute to himself. Sleep, eat, poop. Sleep, eat, poop. That's all he does and isn't it amazing how the little bundle keeps us all fascinated.  We find ourselves dialing up the gah-gah-ing as he starts to add coos and smiles to his repertoire. Such a precious bundle. 






Meanwhile, we played lots of marbles, held domino tournaments and dealt the wellest-of-the-sick into hours of card games. Having brought along Anne of Green Gables, a favorite from my girls' youth, I began reading to the grand girls who have been equally enamoured with Anne's scattered-brained drama and her "scope for imagination". Added to the delight of gathering round with a good book at days' end is the fact that the girls actually argue over whose turn it is to have the privelge of massaging my feet! 





As the children gained strength and began feeling more themselves, their first request was not to go out and play or to get a Big Mac. Nope. Their hearts' desire was to engage in the Thai New Year through the celebration of Songkran. With water balloons filled and a cooler of ice water into which we dipped Tupperware to dump on pedestrians, we flagged a tuk tuk and set out to wreak havoc on the streets of Bangkok with the locals. What a fun mom these kids have. Unfortuantley, we did not take iPhones or cameras due to the obvious drenching they would suffer (mom took these photos the next day) to document Grandmoni's being a good sport, but I promise I was quite soaked, laughing and may have even splashed a Thai or two full in the face with a vessel of aqua. 

http://songkranday.com/songkran-bangkok-2016-thai-new-year-2016/


No comments:

Post a Comment